Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixing un-formattable drives tutorial(with images)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    If I had any more info I would post it. The casing is green plastic, with a metal shield that can be rotated 360 degrees. No numbers or markings of any kind.
    I'm pretty sure it would be one of these?
    Core i7 4770K - Z87 Sabertooth - 16GB XMS3 - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB - EVGA 780 SC w/ ACX 3GB - OCZ ZX850 - Nanoxia Deep Silence II - Hydro H60 v2 - Corsair CMXAF2 - Win 8.1.1
    HP Elitebook 8570w - 16GB DDR3 - 256GB MSATA - 1TB HDD - nVidia K2000M 2GB - Windows 8.1.1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    For Transcend users, who have the 'write-protected' issue:

Try this -> http://www.transcend-info.com/produc...recovery_2.asp

I have successfully recovered 4 pendrives. Remember you need a working internet connection.
    Like Tito said, manufacturers also have tools released that can remove write protection, update and also reflash the device as a last resort.

@Acyuta

There is a huge help section here that covers SanDisk devices, if the 'clean' and format trick doesn't work for you. Need anymore help feel free to ask.
    Last edited by The Dev; 07 Jul 2012 at 00:49.
    Core i7 4770K - Z87 Sabertooth - 16GB XMS3 - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB - EVGA 780 SC w/ ACX 3GB - OCZ ZX850 - Nanoxia Deep Silence II - Hydro H60 v2 - Corsair CMXAF2 - Win 8.1.1
    HP Elitebook 8570w - 16GB DDR3 - 256GB MSATA - 1TB HDD - nVidia K2000M 2GB - Windows 8.1.1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KM@ Dave View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be one of these?
    Yes, exactly, except it's green. Do you know how to repair it?

(apologies, did not mean to hijack the thread)
    “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” - Benjamin Franklin
    "I gave what was the least untruthful answer" - James Clapper, US Director National Intelligence, explaining why he lied to Congress
    "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" - Barack Hussein Obama, current US President
    "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide" - Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda and Enlightenment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Yes, exactly, except it's green. Do you know how to repair it?

(apologies, did not mean to hijack the thread)
    Hey man, I'm here to help, hijack away As I'm a bit busy, I'll find out the make and model and edit this post, so watch this space

MDL Novice
    Post Thanks / Like

i have the same condition as @Myrrh

My USB is Toshiba PA5080 16Gb USB 3.0 drive. Plz help The DEV.

Thanks so much

MDL Novice
    Post Thanks / Like

Default no media after got crash when formatting process

hello admin..please help me to solve this problem..
    Attached Images Attached Images

MDL Novice
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to say THANK YOU! This solved my problem that dozens of other solutions could not! I don't know why it was so hard to find this solution, but I salute you!

MDL Novice
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dev View Post
    Hey man, I'm here to help, hijack away As I'm a bit busy, I'll find out the make and model and edit this post, so watch this space
    Hi

Did you found anything? I have two of exact the same usb sticks, both having exact the same problem. 'No media attached' ... There exist tools from some brands that are able to fix this, but only for drives of that brand and since these are brandless ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xsaron View Post
    Hi

Did you found anything? I have two of exact the same usb sticks, both having exact the same problem. 'No media attached' ... There exist tools from some brands that are able to fix this, but only for drives of that brand and since these are brandless ...
    "No media attached" could mean there is physically nothing (electronic) inside your usb stick. From whom did you buy these "brandless" drives? Do they have a good reputation? A warranty/return policy?

And, with all due respect, "no media attached" could also mean the stick isn't fully seated. It could be a tight fit. Check to see the device is plugged in all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

People with the "No media attatched" occurrence:

This can be caused by a few things.

First check, if you have an adapter, that you have inserted the actual memory device such as your Micro SD card, etc. Secondly check your write protection switch is disabled, some adapters and memory sticks have these attached for security and safety reasons.

If you have no luck with these two solutions, you can always try tools from the device manufacturer and/or created a GParted live disc and formatting the device.

Last resort, check your manufacturer warranty as the device could have become faulty. And some advice, is a good idea not to use NTFS on memory sticks unless being used to install Window, etc, use ExFat or FAT32 partitions instead if used for daily tasks that include file transfers.

Regards, The Dev.
    Last edited by The Dev; 24 Jun 2014 at 03:06.